LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move a control to another panel?

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I move a control to another panel. For example I currently have a textbox control and 2 command buttons that I would like to move onto a Tab panel....Is there any way I can just edit the panel they are on instead of deleting the controls that I have and then creating new controls on the tab?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,118 Views)

Not exactly. In general, you can "move" a control from one panel to another by duplicating it from the source panel to the destination panel (see DuplicateCtrl function). Of course, the original and duplicate controls will be distinct and independent. Similarly, you can insert an existing panel, with all its controls included, into a tab control as a tab page (see InsertPanelAsTabPage function).

Mert A.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,117 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ktyson

May be you want to do the move in IDE, not programmatically...

It's very simple: select the controls you want to move,  than Ctrl-X or select "Cut" in the Edit menu... then select the destination tab, hit Ctrl-V (or select Paste from the Edit menu).

That's all.

Carlo A.
Megaris

Message 3 of 6
(4,104 Views)

Thanks for the help from both of you. I did want to do it with the IDE and it was so simple. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,097 Views)

hello,Mert_A

how and where can find DuplicateCtrl function you tell,and can you give me an example about moving with copy.thanks.

wangshifeng

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,979 Views)

Hello wangshifeng,

what are you interested in exactly?

DuplicateCtrl is a standard function in User Interface Library of CVI you should have no problems to find. Regarding the copy, it' simply a copy- or cut-and-paste operation that you perform exactly as you do e.g. in Office or Paint, with the difference that here you select user controls instead of pieces of text or so.

If you have more specific questions or other doubts please add some details on what you are trying to do and what you want to obtain.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,969 Views)