LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I modify word document in ActiveX rather than creating a new doc from start

I want to use (preferably) AxtiveX to modify a report document (only need tyo change 1 field). There's an example of how to create a brand new doc but not how to simply modify an existing one. Is this doable in Word or perhaps I sould use Excel, HTML or some other means? 

I say preferably ActiveX but any protocol will do but ideally with a Word Doc as my template. There are quite a lot of ActiveX commands to learn and my time on this project is very limited so if anyone has encountered this, would be grateful for ideas on how easiest to achieve.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,027 Views)

Hi Covidien1, welcome to the NI Discussion Forums!

Is the code used to create an ActiveX controlled document from a National Instruments toolkit? Generally editing an existing document is a harder process because you'll need to know the exact contents of the file to edit it. Currently, I am unaware of any methods of being able to do this but if you're wanting to use generic ActiveX commands have you tried looking into the Microsoft Developer Network?

Regards,

Ben Clark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,986 Views)