From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I distribute CVI 6.0 applications, with NIReports and full RTE, without using the Windows Installer Technology (i.e. merge modules, etc)?

I would like to distribute my CVI 6.0 applications using a third party installer which does not support the Microsoft Windows Installer technology. How do I distribute my applications with all the required support software, i.e. NIReports, without using merge modules? Are the redistributables provided in any other format?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,522 Views)
Greetings,

Generally, only components such as drivers or RTEs are available as standalone .EXEs, but they generally will be Window's Installer based also (here's the CVI 6.0 RTE as a setup.exe: http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/56E74D08EFDEFE2386256AE700639CB9?opendocument&node=132070_US).

In your case, the best option would probably be to build a distribution kit will all of the options you wanted (RTE, NI-Reports, etc). Then, call this distribution kit setup.exe from your third-party installer (most installer technologies can do this). Also, you can pass a /Q to the distribution kit setup.exe, which will turn off all of the dialogs and make the install silent.

Hope this helps,
- WesW / NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,522 Views)