LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I detect if NI Vision has been loaded

I am creating a driver for an XY plotter with a camera that is attached to a frame grabber. The basic driver functions are for XYZ movement and grabbing an image.

I am adding the ability to perform an alignment of a newly inserted object into the XY platform. I am using NI Vision to perform the color pattern matching and learn features. These alignment functions will be added to the instrument driver .fp file. I need the ability to check that the NI Vision software has been installed or run-time loaded so that I can then call the appropriate vision functions for creating a ROI, learning, and performing a color pattern match. If NI Vision has not been loaded then I need to inform the user that this function is not available an
d to contact NI to purchase NI Vision.

Is there a reliable way to determine if the NI Vision software or run-time has been installed on the computer?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,636 Views)
Hello

One simple way to do this is to check the registry key for the install. It should be something like HKLM\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\IMAQ Vision\CurrentVersion. Check for the version key. CVI does provide you with some functions to read the registry. They are in the instrument panel called the Programmers Toolbox. You can load this toolbox from ../Measurement Studio/CVI/toolslib/toolbox/toolbox.fp. You can just read from that specific branch and be able to tell if the toolkit is installed or not

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,636 Views)