LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I convert from CVI 7.0 back to 6.0?

I have created an IVI driver (dll) using the IVI wizard and an instrument soft panel (exe) that calls my IVI driver in CVI/Labwindows 7.0. I tried running them on a Windows 2K PC that has the CVI Runtime engine (version 6) and CVI/Labwindows 6.0 on it. The application that calls the DLL did not work. I re-compiled the executable (exe) for the softpanel in Labwindows 6.0 and when I ran the executable I got the error "_UP_DSGetBountPlotID could not be located in cvirte.dll". When I re-compiled my IVI driver the compiler gave the error "Undeclared identifier IVI_ATTR_IO_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR".
Questions: Do I need to re-do my IVI driver useing CVI 6.0's IVI Driver Wizard?
What do I need to do to get the version 7.0 files to com
pile and run under version 6.0. Do to configuration control, I cannot install the CVI Runtime Enginer 7.0 on the PC that has version 6.0 on it currently.
Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,531 Views)
Hi,

DSGetBountPlotID is a function that CVI uses when Datasocket binding option is enabled in a control. As you know this is a new feature in CVI 7.0. Just make sure that you don't use this in your UI at all.

the IVI_ATTR_IO_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR should recognized in the CVI 6.0, but if this is the only define that is not working you may want to copy the define for that constant to your code.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,531 Views)