LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I control the run button of my project VI from a C# application onclick event?

We am working on a project on eye tracking. We run a labVIEW vi through which the co ordinates of the path of eye movenment are added to a txt file and we process the text file in run-time for getting the path in my C# application.

This requires us to run the VI when I click a button in the c# application window. and stop running it when I press another.
We haven't been able to interface the C# application with LabVIEW. The ready made app dll's didnt come of help because of our inexperience.
We have tried using the Process.start(in C# diagnostics) functions to run LabVIEW onclick,but still doesnt solve our problem clicking the run button in background.

Any stepwise guide would be appreciated,concerning labVIEW dll or,other.

Just to make things clear,
Our project GUI is a C# wpf application. We need to run a labVIEW vi in background. (need control over run)
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Our system:
Windows 8/8.1
NI LabVIEW 2014 Student edition(with Vision assistant,mathscript,Vision development module)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Professional (WPF C# application)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,412 Views)

Hm, maybe the first step in this guide could be to post your issue in a forum that is more appropriate to your problem, say the LabVIEW forum Smiley Wink

This one here is for LabWindows/CVI meaning ANSI C, not C#.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,399 Views)

Thank you. 😛 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,391 Views)