From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use SDK to make child windows tiled?

In a MDI application I can send WM_MDITILE to make child windows tiled,I want to realize it in CVI ,How to do?
Thanks for any help in advance !
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,966 Views)
CVI's notion of windows (panels) is different from the MDI notion of windows (multiple documents embedded in a client area). In essence, CVI speaks a different language when it comes to child windows. In CVI a child window is just a panel (not an MDI window) embedded within another panel (no client/container support the way MDI applications define it). For this and other reasons, sending messages to child windows, such as WM_MDITILE, can have unexpected.

CVI does provide functions for resizing/repositioning panels within other panels. So you could implement the tiling effect yourself (granted, this is a bit cumbersome) by repositioning all the child windows within the parent panel.

In addition, if you want the CVI child panels to contain the frame of a top-leve
l window (with the minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper-right corner), check out the following CVI example:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/explprog.nsf/6c163603265406328625682a006ed37d/341192d4aeb035e486256ac40078a4e8?OpenDocument

Best Regards,
Azucena
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,966 Views)

I am developeing one User Interface which need the implementation of MDIparent and MDi Child (i.e. Multiple child window floating under a single parent window) Please share some example.

images.jpg

Rahul Dubey

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,475 Views)