From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find informations about my cards?

Hello,
I have some cards on my computer, and I want to list them. So what are the functions which do that!
And How can I have other Informations about them, as the address, number of channels, etc...
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,438 Views)
Using NI-DAQ Function calls, the Init_DA_Brds will specifically return the numeric device code that you can you can use to determine what device you have.

The Get_DAQ_Device_Info function can be used to get other information (base address) from the device.

There isn't a function that will return the number of channels. From the Init_DA_Brds function you will be able to determine what device you have, and then you can look up information on that device through our web (on-line pdf user manual). I guess with the information gathered through the user manual, you could create your own function that will return the number of channels, etc...

I've included a link to the NI-DAQ Function Reference Manual which describes these functions in greater detail. I hope this h
elps.

NI-DAQ Function Reference Manual for PC Compatibles
http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/1630A0B68738B269862567C1007A2912?OpenDocument&node=132100_US

Regards,
Todd D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,438 Views)