From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can create a driver for a simulation's card that I created ?

I am testing an evalution software of LabWindows/CVI.
I want to develop a little program wich analyse the electronical signal of a card that I realised.
For this, I need a driver which etablish the interface between this component and my program, how I can realise it ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,456 Views)
Hi,

If I understand correctly, you developed some plug in hardware and you want to access it with CVI. Usually there would a be a driver created for the device that would be encapsulated as a DLL that you can call directly.

Another thing to take into account is that Windows NT/2000/XP will not allow direct memory or port acces without going into kernel mode, which is not easy. CVI has a set of functions that can help you access memory locations or ports.

The functions that you would use are under the "Utility library>> Port IO and Physical Memory access" CVI provides a driver that will allow this functions to work even in new Windows systems.

I hope that helps,

Juan Carlos
N.i.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,456 Views)