From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Histogram can not be display ? Why ?

I done a simple software, it is full work ok on my windows xp pro.

However, if I copy it to other PC(same windows xp pro),

Histogram can not be display, but other feature is full ok.

See attachment image please.

I don't know why  and I have search very many discuss in this forums but no any find.

Could you please help me ?Thank you very much.

histogram no display

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,501 Views)

@cnchip wrote:

I done a simple software, it is full work ok on my windows xp pro.

However, if I copy it to other PC(same windows xp pro),

1) What do you mean by copy? If you want to run your executable on a different computer it's better, i.e., more reliable, to create a distribution kit which is supposed to include all required files and settings.

2) Besides that it appears to me that the horizontal scales are different -  maybe that's the reason why your plots look different: what determines the x-axis scale? Also your y-scale looks somewhat unexpected: histograms shouldn't be negative, in my opinion... The data sets you display are identical?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,496 Views)

1) What do you mean by copy? If you want to run your executable on a different computer it's better, i.e., more reliable, to create a distribution kit which is supposed to include all required files and settings.

When run my exe, if display "Don't found *.dll", then I will copy the *.dll to the computer.

Because my software is very small and simple, so I do not hope to create a distribution kit. It is too large and complicated.

Your are right, if run distribution kit ,then it is ok, no any error.

2) Besides that it appears to me that the horizontal scales are different -  maybe that's the reason why your plots look different: what determines the x-axis scale? Also your y-scale looks somewhat unexpected: histograms shouldn't be negative, in my opinion... The data sets you display are identical?

The data sets you display are identical?

Yes, identical !

And , the software does not display any system error , fault or any other message.

Only Histogram is fault.

what determines the x-axis scale?

This is my code:

SetAxisRange(curveHandle, TABPANEL_2_GRAPH_Fe, VAL_MANUAL, min-1, max+1, VAL_AUTOSCALE, 0, max+1);

PlotXY(curveHandle, TABPANEL_2_GRAPH_Fe, axis, hist, intervals,
                VAL_DOUBLE, VAL_INTEGER, VAL_VERTICAL_BAR, VAL_EMPTY_SQUARE, VAL_SOLID, 1, VAL_RED);

In fact, the software have not any error in my development PC.

So, I think it may lose some drive or other files for create Histogram.  I guess.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,485 Views)

@cnchip wrote:

Your are right, if run distribution kit ,then it is ok, no any error.

So I guess this is the solution Smiley Wink

I remember a post in this forum mentioning the files that are copied with a distribution kit, and the environmental variables set etc. but I can't find it now Smiley Frustrated, so all I can link is this general comment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,481 Views)

The forum post I was looking for is here

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,477 Views)

aha..Now I have solved it.Smiley Very Happy

Because I don't copy below 7 .dll files:

libguide40.dll
mkl_def.dll
mkl_lapack64.dll
mkl_p3.dll
mkl_p4.dll
mkl_p4p.dll
nianlys.dll

Foretime,if a software need access any .dll file but don't found it ,then it will display a message .

However in here, unexpectedly no any tips.....oh,,,my god...Smiley Sad

Thank you very much ,   Wolfgang, thanks again !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,473 Views)