cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with presentation on CVI

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi all,

My name is eyal and I'm guiding a class of 12-year-old kids as part of my volunteer work at my collage.
Their teacher waned me to show them a few cool things that you can do with CVI progremming.
Unfortunatly, this is not my best area.
I was hoping that maybe someone could help me and tell me where I can find some projects that I can download and work with them...not too easy but not too hard...you know, some kind of mini-games or something like that.
I'de searched the internet and couldn't find any, and I'm not good enough to write something on my own, but I really don't want to dissapoint the kids and their professor with something boring.

I hope someone can help me,
Thank you very much,
Eyal.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,496 Views)

Hi Eyal,

Can you give us some more details regarding yourself and your class (mainly coding experience)?
LabWindows/CVI isn't designed for game development and is mainly an ANSI-C development enviroment for measurement and automation.
Although i have seen people develop some mini-games in CVI by utilizing its UI framework, i doubt C programming is the right (or at least easiest) way to go with 12-year olds.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,466 Views)

Hi,

First of all thank you for the fast reply.

I'm an electrical engineer student on my 3rd year, I have some c and c++ skills and i've learned CVI last year altough programming is not my main major so the skills are not that great.

I know that cvi is not meant for game building but the kids has CVI in their syllabus and their teacher tought that if I showed them what you can do with it by games, that'll be more interesting to them.

The kids are 14-15 YO and know already Java and Pascal, so C/C++ is not that difficult to them.

I saw somewhere that someone made a dart-shooting game or even a space invader game with CVI but I can't find it anywhere now.

Thank,

Eyal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pkhhcuh

I haven't personally never developed games with CVI but I remember to have found some in the examples provided by CVI users.

I have located those two examples that you may want to look at: they were developed a lot of time ago in CVI 7 but are still functional even in 2015.

Creating a Space Ship Game in LabWindows/CVI

Falling Blocks: Using the Table Control in LabWindows/CVI (Similar to Tetris)

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Here is a 2048 game Google referred me to:

https://github.com/Beerman006/cvi-2048

(Haven't ran it, hope it's valid)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,431 Views)

Hi Roberto,

That is really helpful and exactly the kind of games I was searching.

I'll go over what you sent when I'll get back home but for now that looks perfect.

Thank you very much,

Eyal.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,413 Views)

And you as well....

It's the first time for me in this forum and I'm really glad to see the will to help and contribute in here.

I thank you and Roberto for you fast and helpful...help :).

Thank you,

Eyal. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,409 Views)