LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help crashes, how to repair?

Wow, now my Help window is crashing CVI repeatedly.  Here's how I can do it, no matter what project is loaded (even example projects):

1) Click the Search tab

2) Find "SendMessage" 

3) Double click the one result

4) Crash-ola

2015-01-29 15_30_05-NI LabWindows_CVI Help.png

I've seen a few mentions around here to "repairing a CVI install", but I can't actually find instructions for how to do so.

I've been having a lot of CVI 2013 stability issues, which make me think it's time to repair my install.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,264 Views)

Just for comparison, I tested it on my install (CVI2012SP1 on a Win7Pro SP1 box) and CVI does not crash but the help window get unresponsive for *very long* time (say >3 minutes Smiley Surprised ) with CPU usage jumped to 75% from the normal 5% with CVI only active. (It was not intuitive to test: the first time I tried I eventually killed the help program, which killed CVI too but in the meanwhile I could save my work if I had some code unsaved since CVI itself was not blocked. The second time I let the system run...)

This function fills a table with *all* Win32 functions supported by CVI: the table is 25500+ lines and this explains the long time spent: may it be a problem in system resources on your machine?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Wow, that's revealing!  Yeah, I seem to be having system instability lately.  CVI hasn't run smoothly for some time now.  MS Outlook, the same.  Smiley Mad

Thanks for your help troubleshooting this, Roberto.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,238 Views)