LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone written LabWindows/CVI or LabView vi for the EST/VisionProbe?

Has anyone written LabWindows/CVI or LabView vi for the EST/VisionProbe? If so, how did you approach the API from WindRiver?
Message 1 of 4
(2,669 Views)
I am currently in the process of creating a project using CVI 4.0.1 and the EST API. I created a library file using the api.h file and included the library file in my project. All works on my PC running Windows 2000, however, I am currently having a problem getting the project to run on a PC with Windows 95, any thoughts?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,669 Views)
Win 2000 appears to be solid with CVI / LabView / TestStand. I used it on Win-98 with good results, I get strange behaviours with Win-XP, but never tried it with Win-95. - Sorry -

I will soon start developing with EST - API. ANy advice on how to get something up & running quickly?
Message 3 of 4
(2,669 Views)
Hope you check into this forum often...

I have some progress and yet some problems.

I can open a connection to the EST, initialize it, start & stop the target. 🐵

I can't read memory, write to the target register or program the FLASH, yet. Do you have any advice on how to get further with this?

I can convert to CVI if necessary. I am using the dll's from WindRiver.

My problem is that I am not sure if I am passing void pointers back & forth correctly. For instance, I need to call a function which returns a status, as follows:

status = EST_WriteTargetRegister (long handle, Unsign int register, void * value)

How do I pass the "void * value" to the input of a Call Library FUnction Node. I did try "Adapt to type" which does give a "void
* value", and I tried both "Handles by Value" & "Pointers to Handles".

- Thanks -
Message 4 of 4
(2,669 Views)