LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics panels and user settings

I have a main panel with a control that calls a graphic a panel and plots some data. This graphics panel contains a menubar at the top and one of the items is called settings. I would like settings item to display a settings window (panel) that shows the default settings for the graph then lets the user change them. I would like this panel to suspend operation of other functions in the code until the user presses the OK or Cancel Button. I also need to have a settings panel each time a user opens the graph panel. I do not want them to be limited to just opening the graph panel once. They should be able to open many graph panels and adjust the settings for any one them as long as the associated graph panel is still being displayed. 2) Isn't
there any kind of Max/Min function for a child panel?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,639 Views)
It's not so clear to me what you are trying to obtain in your application, bat anyway, let's start answering to easy questions...

1. To launch a panel by pressing a menu item you must associate a callback to it in the UIR editor; in the callback you can load and personalize your panel as you need
2. If this panel does need to "stop" other parts of the application show it with InstallPopup instead of DisplayPanel
3. You are not limited in the number of panels your application can display: if you want to display several exact copies of one panel, you can use DuplicatePanel to obtain them; different instances of this panel are differentiated via the panel handles. It's your job to maintain separate copies of the settings and applicate them to the appropria
te instance of the panel with the graphic
4. What do you mean by "Max/Min function for a child panel"?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,639 Views)
Roberto,
Thanks for your response. I did find the Install Popup function and I think I figured out how to do what I need. If I run into more trouble I will get back to you.
Thnaks again for getting back to me ~ It's appreciated
Rick
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,639 Views)