LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph control causes general protection fault when changing axis range (64bit)

Hello,

i wrote a 32bit application which i'm porting to 64bit now and stumbled across a problem with the graph control.

The Graph axsis are set to editable so that the user can change the axis range manually at runtime. The 32bit version has no problem here, but the 64bit  version is crashing  with a general protection fault at the source line with RunUserInterface().

Is there a compiler option/value or something i should be aware of when swithing to 64bit that should be set?

Or is this just a problem with the code of the control?

I tried it with LabWindows v13.0.2 (278)  and v13.0.1, running under Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,396 Views)

Hello, danouj!

Thank you for reporting this issue to us!

However, information you provided is still unsufficient for us to determine the background of this bug.

Please also provide the following details, so that we can identify the issue and investigate whether a workaround for this problem exists:

1. From my understanding, when porting the application to 64-bit, you also performed some code changes to your CVI application. What are these code changes?
  2. If you run the 64-bit version of your application without these code changes, does the application also crash?
  3. What is the address of this crash?
  4. It would also be very useful, if you can send us a copy of a minimal snapshot of your project application, in which the problem still occurs, for us to investigate the issue.
    You can upload the sources at ftp://ftp.natinst.com/incoming

Best regards,

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,370 Views)

Hello, Johannes

i created a new application with just a Graph control on a panel to test. Compiled for 32 bit no problems. Compiled for 64bit the error occures.

FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR:   "main.c", line 50, col 5, thread id 0x00001B6C:   The program has caused a 'General Protection' fault at 0x00000000685D5C33.

Bottom and Left Axis Autoscale is unchecked, Editable graph axis is checked. Changing the range at runtime (double clicking the graph axis) causes the error.

Thanks and best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,363 Views)

Hello Daniel!

It seems that the the issue you are experiencing is a CVI 2009 bug.

The problem seems to reproduce only on 64-bit, in the CVI Run-Time Engine.

At the moment, the only available workaround for this issue is to submit the axis value by pressing <Enter>.

Submitting the value as a consequence of clicking the graph will generate the GPF on 64-bit and will cause the application to crash.

We have filed this issue under ID #498979, so you can monitor the progress of the fix in an upcoming version of CVI.

Thank you, Daniel, and sorry for any inconvenience!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,224 Views)