cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GigE Camera: control focus and zoom ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

How I can to modify the parameters like zoon, focus, etc ... in real time in my labwindows application?

something like:  SendParameters(zoom, focus, cam1);

Thanks for all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,421 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gabino.alonso

If your camera manual does not list the attributes available for your camera, you can programatically request a list.

The following is taken from NI KnowledgeBase called: Programmatically Get and Set Attributes with IMAQdx vs. IMAQ for IEEE 1394.

Use the IMAQdxGetAttribute function call to get a particular attribute value or setting. If you are unsure of the exact name or value of an attribute, you can call IMAQdxEnumerateAttributes2 and IMAQdxEnumerateAttributeValues to return this data.

If you do not know in advance the number of attribute values that are available, you can get this information by completing these steps:

1. Call the IMAQdxEnumerateAttributes2 function with the attributeInformationArray parameter set to NULL. The necessary size is then stored in count.
  2. Allocate count with the given size.
  3. Call this function again using the previously allocated array

You can do the same steps for IMAQdxEnumerateAttributeValues by setting the list parameter to NULL, which stores the necessary size in size.  For more information regarding the use of these functions and other IMAQdx functions for text-based languages, please refer to the NI-IMAQdx Function Reference Help found in under National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Docs.

Once you find the attribute to set, you can use IMAQdxSetAttribute() to control your zoom and focus functions.

Message 2 of 4
(4,414 Views)

thanks for all ...

tomorrow morning I try it and I comment the results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,407 Views)

Thanks for all ..

Works perfect ...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,381 Views)