From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error in windows header file while building DLL in LAB Windows CVI

While Building the Project getting the errors in Windows header files . Pl find the attachment for the error details . Requested you to provide the solution

Thanks in advance

Sharanu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,798 Views)
Hello

CVI ships with a set of Windows headers file that have been customized for use with CVI. You are recieving compiler errors because you are using another set of Windows headers. To make sure you have the CVI Windows SDK installed, run the CVI install from Control Panel >> Add\Remove Programs and in the feature tree, make sure that the option to install Windows SDK is checked.

You can refer to this KB for more information about using the Windows SDK from CVI

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,798 Views)
Thanks for ur replay

I have checked with CVI SDK include folder but i could not see some of header file like wdm.h,usbdi.h and usbdilib which are required for USB interface . Can we add these heder files from Windos SDK ?

Thanks

Sharanu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,798 Views)
These look like headers that are part of the Windows DDK. CVI was not designed for creating drivers that run in kernel mode, it is meant only for user mode application development. The CVI run-time is not capable of running under kernel mode.
I doubt you will be able to use the functions in these headers from CVI since they include inline assembly ( the __asm error you got) and make use of other constructs that CVI does not support.

If you want to be able to program a USB device from CVI, you might consider using VISA for this. This is a low level way to communicate to usb and is great for creating device drivers.

Bilal
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,798 Views)