From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate PDF file with "Excel Report"

Hello,

I'm using the instrument "excelreport.fp" to generate excel files and then print these excels file with a pdf printer. This instrument uses  "Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library" which doesn't offer possibility to directly save excel file under .pdf format.

This functionnality is available in newer Excel ActiveX controller like  "Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library". 

My question is: is there a new revision of "excelreport.fp" instrument which includes this functionnality?

Because, the high level of this instrument is very usefull for my application and I would like to avoid to completly develop the same kind of API using "Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library".

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,643 Views)

Hello, sjean!

Although the current version of Excel Report FP doesn't include this functionality, here are some ideas:

• The Excel Report FP is simply a wrapper around the Microsoft Excel Object Library, but only includes access to basic functionality.
  • However, you can extend this API to suite your needs.
  • If the newer version of the Microsoft Excel Object Library includes this functionality, than you can implement access to it inside the instrument.
  • This is just a supposion: in an older version of Microsoft Excel Object Library, you implement a method which prints the excel report using the PDF printer.

Here are some links:

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,611 Views)
How about using some 3rd party [url=http://www.pqscan.com/convert-pdf/][color=black]PDF converter[/color][/url]?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,170 Views)