LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GenEigenAB problen

Hi All,

I am having a problem using the GenEigenAB() function, and was wondering if anyone can point out the error in my ways &/or confirm using this function with success?

Googling "GenEigenAB" returns almost nothing, which makes me think this function hasn't been used much..

In my code, it appears as if this function is freeing the memory pointed to by Eigenvalues. 

Take this example:

{
NIComplexNumber *cxEV, evals[25];

AnalysisLibErrType err;

cxEv = evals;

err = GenEigenAB (P, Q, 5, evals, NULL, evecs);

evals[0]=evals[0];

}

Now, if I step thru this in the debugger; (see comments //NOTES: )

{
NIComplexNumber *cxEV, evals[25];

AnalysisLibErrType err;

cxEv = evals;

//NOTES: cxEv = evals (as expected)

err = GenEigenAB (P, Q, 5, evals, NULL, evecs);

//NOTES: no error is returned.

//NOTES: cxEv = NULL (as reported in the IDE variable viewer - not

//NOTES:    expected...)

//NOTES: evals is reported in the IDE variable viewer as having the same

//NOTES:    location as before GenEigenAB(); returned. However, if I try to

//NOTES:    access evals,

evals[0]=evals[0];

//NOTES: I get a fatal error saying I am some huge number of bytes past

//NOTES:    the end of the array.

}

I have 'worked around' this bug by using CxGenEigenAB() which works fine. I just wanted to post this for comment before I submit as bug report.

I am running CVI 2012 SP1.

cheers,

diz.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,083 Views)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If you file a bug report, please include complete functional code which reproduces the error you see. If you'd like, you can post it here as well. I have not heard of this issue being reported before, but it's possible it has been missed.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,040 Views)