From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaussian hypergeometric function 2F1(a,b;c;z)

Solved!
Go to solution

Questions:

1) JoyceXu and DSP_Arthur both seem to have confirmed this bug. What I find confusing is that both their forum ranks are orange, not blue - do they belong to NI? My understanding was that NI professional ranks are blue colored...

2) I am still wondering how the suggested workaround could be extended to work for all the data range. Having a mathematical function that is correct only for every second number is not really useful except one is simulting throwing dice - in this case however I would choose a slightly simpler and faster approach Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(836 Views)

OK,

I can add that this function still yields wrong results, even in CVI2012 beta - the good news is that the function will be obsolete because there will be  another function called GaussHyperGeometric that seems to produce correct results...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(720 Views)

Hi Wolfgang,

This is correct. We ended up changing the implementation of the original function, so we created a new function in order to maintain compatibility with existing user code. The GuassHyperGeometric is a result of the discussion here.

For the record, this can be tracked under bug ID 248829.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(710 Views)