From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPF error on application close

On the computer that I have installed LabWindows on, I get a GPF error or application error when my application closes. When I step through the code, it works fine. I also don't see any errors on other systems that are only running the cvi run time engine and not the LabWindows environment.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,681 Views)
I would highly recommend that you perform extensive troubleshooting and debugging on your application to track down which particular function is causing the GPF. For example, make sure to set breakpoints on the routines that take care of cleanup right before your program closes. Also, note if the GPF occurs whether you run in debug (standard or extended) or release mode; GPFs in release mode that do not show up on debug mode usually signal bugs in the program that can be tracked down.
GPFs can be tricky to debug so make sure you monitor memory usage, variable assignment and possible dangling pointers. CVI's extended debugging level should help you track down some of these.

On a separate note, you might want to run your appication on the latest version of CVI, 7.
0. You can download the evaluation version on the CVI page at http://www.ni.com/cvi. You will have 30 days to use the full development system of CVI 7.0 (minus some key features, of course) which should give you enough time to reproduce and/or debug your program. CVI 7.0 can coexist with any previous version of CVI on your system, so you don't have to uninstall the current version of CVI you are using. If you still see the GPF, please notify NI's technical support at support@ni.com so we can let R&D know this might be a bug.

Best of luck,
Azucena
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,681 Views)
Thanks for your advice. I tried CVI 7.0 and it didn't pick up any extra errors, but I did make a change to a suspicious char * that seems to have solved the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,681 Views)