LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font change in distribution kit with CVI 7.0

We did find out what caused this to happen in CVI 7. It happened as a result of a change made to accomodate special characters in some languages with non-standard character sets. For some reason this reduced greatly the set of fonts available for use in CVI in Windows 95. (Officially, CVI 7.0 does not support Windows 95, which probably explains why we didn't notice this earlier).

Unfortunately there isn't any workaround, other than not using CVI 7 with Windows 95.

Thanks for reporting this.

Luis
NI
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,241 Views)
The zip file I have attached, contains two JPEG images that explain the problem grabbed from Win98SE italian and WinXP Pro English.

Aussume that I use the same .exe file compiled in winXP with CVI7. The font mismatch appens ONLY if you install the dist. kit RTE v7 in WIN98 or 95 and NOT with Win2k or XP.
I have also inculded the .c source (a simple test program) and the .UIR file, as required.

Thanks,
Pedro/HT
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,082 Views)
Thanks for the screenshots, Pedro. This is in fact the same exact issue that Thomas G found. So far we had found this problem in Win98 Spanish, Win98 German, and Win95 (Thomas' case). Yours is Win98 Italian, which fits the pattern of the problem: non-English, non-Japanese versions of Windows 98, and all versions of Windows 95.

Like I had said earlier, there isn't any workaround, unfortunately. I guess you'll just have to avoid using bold fonts in those OS'es. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I wish we had caught this earlier...

- luis
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,082 Views)
Thanks for your replay, Luis. Bad news! So you tell me to re-edit all the UIR files and remove all the bold attribute from every text? Or, at least, to use CVI6? Since CVI7 should be compatible with the international version of Win98, does NI plan to fix this problem in the near future? Thanks for your support, pedro
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,082 Views)
Hello all,

We have created a new CVIRTE merge module that will fix/patch this problem. Please use the attached MSM to overwrite what is found at:

[CVI70DIR]\Redist\msms

Then you should be able to build a distribution kit without having the font issues on a Windows 95 or Windows 98 Non-English OSs.

I hope this helps everyone and you continue to support CVI by posting on this exchange.

Thanks,
Jeff
NI
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,082 Views)
Yeah, it works! Thanks a lot, guys!
Pedro
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,082 Views)
How does that all work, if you use Install Shield 5.5 instead of the Microsoft Installer?

I add the cvirte.dll installed on my development PC to the distribution kit.

How do i patch this locally installed cvirte.dll?

Do i miss any patches if i distribute the locally installed Dlls without the merging of the files located in [CVI70DIR]\Redist\msms ?

Kai
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,082 Views)