From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileSelectPopupEx dialog box doesn't display the file type

Solved!
Go to solution

When I bring up a file selection dialog using FileSelectPopup and ask for files with a specific extension, the dialog box displays the extension correctly in the "Files of type:" ring control.  When I use FileSelectPopupEx, the ring control is there, but it's blank.

The attached screenshot shows the difference.

I'm running LabWindows 2015 f1 on Windows 7 Professional.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,434 Views)

I just tried it out on my computer and it seems to work fine.  Could you try reproducing the code below?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,380 Views)

I copied your code onto my PC and built it.  It's still giving me the same problem.  I tried using all four build configurations (Debug, Debug64, Release, Release64) with the same results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,376 Views)

That's certainly pretty strange.  Could you try it out on another version of LabWindows/CVI and see what happens?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,345 Views)

I just tried it on a different PC running CVI 2013 SP2, also with Windows 7.  The same result happened.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,341 Views)

Strange.  I've tried it out on a buddy's computer and it worked fine for me.  Could you attach a screenshot of the exact code and the file popup? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,306 Views)

Here are the screenshots.  The code should be identical to the one you gave me to try.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,302 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richferrara

I've taken a closer look into it and it seems like this is a known issue and there is a Corrective Action Request currently filed for it.  You can track the number 414667 in product updates to see if it has been addressed.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,273 Views)

How do I track it?  I looked through the known issues list for CVI 2015 but I don't see that number.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,269 Views)

You will see the number tracked in product update posts.  In the release notes it will reference the CAR number if it has been addressed.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,250 Views)