From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileSelectPopup causes run-time error

Yes, indeed - after de-installing Avira, the crashes do not happen anymore. Strange that it was not enough to deactivate the avira services.

Nick, how can we proceed now ? My company of course forbids working without an active anti-virus system (and maintains it via network ,so I cannot use another AV system).

To get out of the main troubles,  I will put a temporary workaround into my program, avoiding the FileSelectPopup function. But we would need some solution soon. So, perhaps you are able to reproduce the problem now, so that we at least can know if it is an issue for Avira or NI.

Many thanks so far.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,391 Views)

I'm glad to hear that we've made some progress.  We don't have access to Avira here at NI, but I'll try to get my hands on a copy today.  Hopefully with the Avira software I'll be able to reproduce the issue.  I'll post back as soon as I have some more information.

NickB

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,388 Views)

Thank you , Nick. It seems that there are SEVERAL applications that have the 7C91E4FF problem EXACTLY since the Avira update yesterday  - we found this topic in the Avira Forum (unfortunately, only in german) :

http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=123846

Avira says, they will try to find a fix. So, in the first place I would assume it has to be solved on their side. I will do a resp. post in their forum.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,385 Views)

I don't have AVIRA. But i am having the same problem. I moved the FileSelectPopup right after main() and it still crashes when running from the IDE. If i start the application from the explorer then the file selection works OK.

We use Trend Micro. There is no problem on Windows XP. I don't know about Vista.

I tried it with and without Trend Micro client, but there was no difference. Starting from the IDE keeps crashing the application.

My machine has Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate with the latest patches. This is a freshly installed Windows 7, only three weeks old now. And it has only Labwindows/CVI 2010 Base Package Version 10.0.0 (360) installed on it. There is no other CVI 7/8/9 installed.

I can debug and single step perfectly but only until a FileSelectPopup() is called.

I also tried to compile to 64-bit in both Debug and Release and 32-bit Debug and Release. But it keeps crashing.

My test code in the main():

//************************************************************************************************************
//************************************************************************************************************
void
main(void)
{
    int PanelId, i, ControlId, libraryerrors;

strcpy(HulpFileName, "");
    if (FileSelectPopup(
                "",
                "",
                "",
                "Select File",
                VAL_SELECT_BUTTON,
                0, // zero:     user can change directory
                0, // 1,  // non-zero: only PLA extension
                0, // 1,  // non-zero, allow cancel
                0,  // zero, user can NOT make new directory
                HulpFileName) != 1) {
        return;
    }

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,203 Views)

Hello -

I haven't been able to reproduce the crash you're seeing.  Do the file dialogs from the environment (File»Open»Source) also crash?  Do the dialogs of any of the example programs (like in .\fileio\arrayfile.prj or .\userint\popups.prj) also crash?

NickB

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,175 Views)

I've been having this problem with an old project running LabWindows CVI 2013 on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit.  Every time I call FileSelectPopup, the app crases.  I found that changing the "Run time engine binding" (in Build->Target Settings) from "Shared" to "2013 side by side for entire application" fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(970 Views)