From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File acces permision denied

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Recently when I start CVI with the project I'm working on I get the error message "File access permision denied".

I bellive it started after a Windows update.

I have CVI 2013 servicepack2 and Win7

Regards Per

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,890 Views)

Dear Fluidtronic,

What did you update through Windows update? Was it any security settings that changed?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,782 Views)

Hi. I don't know. I have automatic update. Windows only state "innstalling update 1 of X"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,778 Views)

Dear fluidtronic,

One thing you can try is to move the project on disk and see if that makes any differense. Otherwise I will recommend you to uninstall CVI and install it again. It might be that after windows update some new settings have been made that blocks the environmen, this happens.

Best regards

Message 4 of 8
(4,696 Views)

Hello

I copied the project to a pen drive. I can open and edit from there.

I tried to delete the .cws and .prj file and created a new .cws. in the same location. This still has File Acces permision denied.

Looks if I have to reinstall.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,689 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fluidtronic

Dear fluidtronic,

Well, If you get it to work from your pen drive. I  don't think the CVI installation is the problem here. Instead I recommend you to look att the file and catalog read/write privileges.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,684 Views)

Make sure you are not writing to a folder under Program Files or Program Files (x86)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,680 Views)

Hi lhedlund                     

Pretty basic and had nothing to do with CVI. It was as you indicated the whole folder (with it's sub folders) was "Read only"

How that happend I don't know. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,656 Views)