LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Run Time Error - unknown source position thread id

Hi All,

I am using LabWindows CVI 2013 in order to display data from my controller.

I have defined some functions to activate the communication with the controller and read data from it.

The communication activation with the controller is being done inside the Main block before loading the UI panels.

I created a command button that activates the data reading function (Get Register) from the controller.

When calling the reading function I received a Fatal Run Time Error. Attached please find.

When I moved the reading function to the main block before loading the UI, the program didn't crush.

What is the cause for that?

Thanks for your support.

Haim 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,478 Views)

Hi Haim,

Could you explain what you mean by moving the function to the main block? Does that mean instead of having a callback, you added the four lines in that callback (according to the attached image) to the main function? When you do this, does the code execute correctly?

And can you tell me what DLL package you are using that contains the Jet32Functions.GetRegister function?

The error is very generic, so it is hard to say what is causing it without seeing the entirety of the code, but it appears that there is a conflict in the thread control. Does the error occur only when you activate the callback by clicking the command button? Which lines are executed in the callback before the error occurs?

It would be helpful if you could attach your source file or at least a screenshot of the working code so I can see the entire main function.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,412 Views)