LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR: Unknown source position, thread id 0x000009C8: A non-debuggable thread caused a 'General Protection' fault at address 0x00A6C83D. No source line information is available.

Hello,

FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR: Unknown source position, thread id 0x000009C8: A non-debuggable thread caused a 'General Protection' fault at address 0x00A6C83D. No source line information is available. I get this error in CVI Labwindows 2015 , can any one help me in sorting out.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
(10,105 Views)

Thank you, but I did all the things which mentioned in the post but still I am getting the error .Do i need to do any additional settings for CVI 2015 coz the same code runs in CVI 2005 and 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(10,079 Views)

Hi All,

I am also getting the fatal run time error when i hit the Quit button in the application for 'map_demo'.
This is happening when the compiler is executing the closing brace (line 4) of the main function as shown in the below example.

====================
1. void main()
2. {
4. } <===
====================

On line 4, the error is displayed as shown below.

"FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR: Unknown source position, thread id 0x000130E0: A non-debuggable thread caused a 'Unknown' fault at address 0x7744D9C7. No source line information is available."

The version number of cvirte.dll (C:\Windows\System32) is 13.0.1.201 and size is 7.20 MB

Also, Attaching the source code (map.zip) for reference.

Did anyone face this issue in Labwindows/CVI 2013 .
If so, please share your ideas so that i can safely exit from the application.

Thanks,
Kiran

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(9,674 Views)

Hi danaxe,

The OS version is Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Any thoughts on this issue will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Kira

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(9,552 Views)

I am having the same problem under Windows 10: when using debug64, every program throws this error at exit. Has this problem already been solved?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,644 Views)

I started running into this exact same problem when I upgraded from Windows 7 to WIndows 10. Fatal Run-time error everytime a program terminated. For me it was also happening in x86 debug and release.

What solved it was running a repair install of CVI 2015. I think during the Windows 10 upgrade process something got out of sync and CVI just needed to be reinstalled.

Kevin B.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,033 Views)

Yesterday there was an update on my Win10 development system, and now I have this problem. I did reboot, repair, reboot, but it's still there. Even an empty void main {;} will crash on exit.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,818 Views)