LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR: The program has caused a 'General Protection' fault at 0x6846680A.

That's wonderful news, José!

I'll download the application and try to reproduce the bug. Are there any specific steps that are involved, in order to reproduce the crash?

You can also post the screenshots here in this forum thread.

Thanks!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,612 Views)

Hello,

Only you clik on button, after some time lines are added to the table. When you scroll down the table the applications crash.

BR

José

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,609 Views)

Hello José!

Thank you so much for reporting this issue.

After investigating the issue, I could link the crash of your application to the high number of items that the table contains.

Somewhere after inserting 9850 and 9900 items, the table control becomes unstable and will not render the picture items correctly, thus causing the application to crash.

Unfortunately, the only workaround for this issue is to insert a smaller number of rows containing picture cells in your table (at most about 9850 items).

I have filed this issue with bug ID 512941. This issue will be addressed in an upcoming version of the CVI Run-Time.

How acceptable is this workaround? Have you managed to work with NI France on finding a better solution around this issue?

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,571 Views)

José! It looks like NI France already filed a different bug report for this issue. Use this tracking number to monitor the fix for this issue instead: #511573.

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,563 Views)

Hello,

We discuss with NI France and we will limit the number of rows for this table.

For the instance this solution is acceptable. But it depends how our customers will use the software.

Normally thousand records is enough but some customers tell us their needs to study big amount of data.

Best regards.

José

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,562 Views)