cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FATAL] [HandleExecuteFnEvent] [..\jeff\stdlib\thrdpl.c:1425]

Hello,

Labwindows cvi 2012 on Windows 7.

I have an error in application events log, error is in CVI and Event log says :

[FATAL] [HandleExecuteFnEvent] [..\jeff\stdlib\thrdpl.c:1425] Assertion failed: 0.

In LabWindows, the log says :

FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR: Unknown source position, thread id 0x00001600: The program has caused a 'General Protection' fault at 0x68665C09

This error happens randomly. This error closes the application. But I can not reproduce this error in Debug, this error happens only in Release.

I have extract the Map File of my application but the adress (0x68665C09) of the error is not in the Map File. But when I display the window 'modules', I can check this error's adress, it is in 'cvirte.dll'.

Any idea on this issue ? Thank's for your support.

Martin.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,068 Views)

Hello Martin!

1. What exact version of CVI are you using? Have you tried updating to LabWindows/CVI 2012 SP1? If you are using CVI 2012, does updating to CVI 2013 SP1 solve the issue?
  2. Does the crash also happen in 64-bit? The reason why you cannot reproduce the crash in Release is probably because of the fact that the Debug build usually initializes data differently than the Release configuration.
  3. Have you managed to isolate any specific patterns in your application that you need to perform, in order to get the crash?
  4. What does your application perform when you get the error? I suspect that your application performs something related to threading. Can you please provide exact information about your code that reproduces this problem? You could also upload a minimal version of your application source code, that reproduces the problem.

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,008 Views)