LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable creation

Good evening guys.

My name is Kubo.

The only thing i need to solve is to create a standalone *.exe with UIR interface from CVI.

I only use buttons, which call some functions - LaunchExecutable(), InetLaunchDefaultWebBrowser(). some pictures and text message input.

Its really simple application, but i need to compile entire project to .exe application, which i can run on another computer without CVI being installed. I dont want to create distributions or installers. I need only universal portable .exe application. Is it possible?

Thank you for you possible answers. Have a nice evening.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,714 Views)

Hi Kubo,

this will not work with one file only, your executable will rely on other files such as cvirte.dll etc, see here and here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,710 Views)

My application release really can contain .dll or other files. But i dont want to create installation package. The only thing i need is running my simple user interface app wihout installation of CVI, or some drivers, because this app uses only buttons, picture and one panel. There is nothing special..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,680 Views)

That "nothing special" requires at least the installation of the CVI Run-time Engine.

See Using LabWindows/CVI >> Managing Projects >> Building a Project >> Distributing Applications topic in CVI help.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,678 Views)