LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation Internet Toolkit ? What is good for ?

Hi,
I just downloaded the evaluation Internet Toolkit from the ni site. We would like to have our cvi application working trough the net. What I aspect is to working trough the web browser as like when I work with .exe , maybe I litle slower, and also with user data inputs trough the web browser.

Is that possible with Internet toolkit ?
Can I also make application work trough the net on linux web browser ?

I tryed the sample programm srvrpush, it doesnt work trough the browser, well I can see the index.htm on my pc(XP) and also on the different pc (win98) but the application uir (jpeg) is not displayed.

Will it work with the enterprise connectivity toolkit ?

Who can help ?

thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,732 Views)
Hello

You should be able to view the image from a browser on any web browser, the server will need to be on a windows machine though. Essentially, the toolkit publishes a picture on the browser that maps events to the server. You might want to make sure that you have the http server configured correctly on your machine. Make sure you are using the correct port number and that no other server application is using the same port number. IIS on XP usually default to port 80, so try using another port. Make sure no errors are being returned by any of the functions as well.

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani

NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,732 Views)
In the meantime, I spoke with NI Support,
... the svrpush sample application from the evaluation internet toolkit dont work with MS Internet Explorer ! They send me a differnt application that work fine MS IE.

Thanks anyway !
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,732 Views)