LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error launching excel 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I just upgraded my working laptop. Installed latest LabWindows. Tried to run Excel report demo application, but got error message: "An error occurred trying to launch Excel through its automation interface. Ensure that Excel is installed and that you can launch it manually."

I have Microsoft Office 2013 installed, and I can launch Excel 2013 manually. I think LabWindows supports Excel 2013. Can anyone tell me what is wrong. Do I need to change any settings for LabWindows or Excel? Do I need to be Administrator?

Thanks,

Jie.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,037 Views)

Does the latest CVI support excel 2013?  Trying to create ActiveX controller - Microsoft Excel 15.0 Object Library, but got message: "error loading type library/DLL".  Do I have to downgrade to Office 2010?

Thanks,

Jie.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,023 Views)

Hi Jie,

The example in LabWindows™/CVI™ is made for using an older version of Microsoft Office, but an ActiveX controller can be created to use Microsoft Office 2013. I believe you should be able to create the controller using Microsoft Excel 15.0 Object Library as the ActiveX server. With that you might find looking at the Excel 2013 Developer Reference to be helpful.

When you are building the instrument, be sure that no Office software is running.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jzhu0000

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.  After further online study about Microsoft Office, I finally got the solution.  What I did is Quick Repair on Microsoft Office at Control Panel > Uninstall or change a program.  I guess there was some problem for the factory Office installation.

Jie.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,986 Views)