From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing LabWindows/CVI Trial

Solved!
Go to solution

I got the following error while installing the trial version. Any siggestions?

Thanks!

error_installation.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,593 Views)

Hi Vladiator,

1) What happens if you click "Yes" to continue? Does the installation finish? If so, does CVI work? If not, are there additional errors given?

2) Do the specifications listed in the error match the specifications of your system?

3) I realize this is related to the previous question but specifically: is your processor architecture 32 or 64 bit?

4) What operating system are you using?

The error itself seems to be linked to corrupt system files, which is really a Windows error. The error description can be found here:

Hresult: 0x800736b3

http://www.pcmmc.com/hresult-0x800736b3.php

One thing you can try is executing the "sfc /scannow" command in an elevated command prompt. This will check your file system and fix some common errors. Instructions on how to do this can be found below:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

There are several other websites offering solutions to this error.  However, the ones I have been able to find are all third-party and fall under the "use at your own risk" category.

Thanks,

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,564 Views)

Hi Ac-LV Sover,

1. I pressed NO, installation contionued, saw another warning with the same exact text. The installaiton completed with errors; tried to run LW/CVI - did not load. Repearted installation, pressed yes, the installation was reverted; nothing was installed.

2. The system requirements for LW/CVI match the spec of my system. 

3. The processor is AMD64, With Windows 7.0 installed

Have not tried to recover systems files yet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,545 Views)

Hi Vladiator,

Have you tried to install anything else?  Users who saw this same error reported that they were also unable to install Windows updates and other software. 

Thanks,

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,533 Views)

This is an office computer on the network so I have to request admin privelegies. I've install LabVIEW 2011 without a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,527 Views)

Does this mean you are trying to install CVI without administrator privelages.?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,507 Views)

The office system is setup that I need to make a request. Once request is granted, I get a (automatic) notification that I can now install the program. Works with other installations except CW/CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,501 Views)

Are you right-clicking the .exe and choosing "run as administrator" when you install?

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,498 Views)

Yes, "Run As Administrator" option. I checked the Processor type on my PC and it is Intel i5-4120U CPU @2GHz.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,491 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vladiator

The error that your're seeing is very general and can be caused by a number of occurences.  That being the case I would follow this general strategy:

1) Make sure no other installers are running (namely Windows update) in the background.  I have seen reports of this error occurring when trying to install while another installer is running.

2) Verify your file system.  One fairly good tool is the system file checker I mentioned earlier (sfc /scannow).  Check with your IT department and see if you can run this on the system to check and fix file system errors.

3) Coordinate with your IT and ensure that there is no antivirus or firewall software preventing the install.

Because the error is a very general Windows error, verifying your system integrity as much as possible is a good first step. If reformatting the computer isn't too much trouble, you may want to consider that in lieu of a lengthy troubleshooting process.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,480 Views)