From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in call to LoadPanelEx

I am seeing this error intermittently when trying to load a panel from a UIR file.  The option to embed the project UIR files in the executable is selected.

I am running CVI 2010 on Windows XP Professional, SP 3.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,331 Views)

Hey richferrara,

Are you simply running an executable built in LabWindows/CVI, or are you calling it from another piece of software? I've seen this error appear before when calling a LabWindows/CVI code module from TestStand, for example.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,307 Views)

I'm just running the executable.  Eventually we will be invoking it from another program but we have not yet reached that point in our development.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,300 Views)

Hey richferrara,

If you run the program from the source code, without the executable, do you see the same error?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,281 Views)

How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,274 Views)

Hey richferrera,

Do you have access to the source files for the CVI project? For example, a .uir user interface with the accompanying .c and .h files? If so,  you can download an evaluation copy of CVI (if you don't already have it installed) to work with the files.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,257 Views)

I have the source and UIR files for the project and I have the licensed full development version of CVI 2010 installed.  I just need to know how to run the project without creating the executable.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,245 Views)