LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 89120 (terminal names USB-6215)

If I execute the function 

DAQmxSetChanAttribute (countTask, "", DAQmx_CI_CountEdges_DirTerm, "Dev1/port0/line1");

Error 89120 appears when the task starts. Im pretty sure that that is a valid name for a USB-6215 terminal, so I'm confused. Should I configure a digital input (and therefore another task), before setting the value of the CI_CountEdges_DirTerm Atributte??

NON-FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR: ... Function DAQmxStartTask: (return value == -89120 [0xfffea3e0]). Source terminal to be routed could not be found on the device. Make sure the terminal name is valid for the specified device. Refer to Measurement & Automation Explorer for valid terminal names. Property: DAQmx_CI_CountEdges_DirTerm Source Device: Dev1 Source Terminal: Dev1/port0/line1 Task Name: DAQTaskInProject Status Code: -89120

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,743 Views)

Take a look at screenshot. In the help of "value" field you can read :

"Specifies the source terminal of the digital signal that controls the count direction if DAQmx_CI_CountEdges_Dir is DAQmx_Val_ExtControlled"...

Are you sure that you set the attribute which name is "DAQmx_CI_CountEdges_Dir" to that value ("DAQmx_Val_ExtControlled") ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,734 Views)