LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding a picture and using command buttons

I developing CVI test software to production test keypads.  I would like to take a picture of the actual keypad and superimpose command buttons for keys and a textbox for the keypad display.  This will make an interactive display for the operator.  Can this be done?  When I move the buttons on top of the picture they are visible but do not operate.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,868 Views)

Are you sure the button are on top of the picture? Can you see them? If they were on top they should be operable.

To set the picture below the command buttons you must select it and press F7 key: with this the picture is moved to the background and the buttons should be operable -and visible.

The problem at this moment will be to "hide" the buttons so that they have no visual effect but they remain operable. You can achieve this by painting them with transparent colour (note: this will not be possible if you have set Use Windows Visual Style for Controls attribute in panel advanced attributes: try disabling this option to test the operation).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,864 Views)

I tried moving the existing buttons on top of the image-no success.  I had to create new ones on put them on the image.  I am using a picture toggle button.  I can set the image of a key.  When the user presses the key I would like the image to turn green.  Is there a way to overlay a green color over the image so you can tell the button has been pressed but still see the image? Or will I have to manually create another image of the key, photo shop it green, then load the new image when the key is pressed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,858 Views)

A possible solution could be to use a picture ring with two images, standard and green; on the control you need to handle EVENT_LEFT_CLICK event and:

• switch to green image
  • wait a few time (0.1 sec?)
  • come back to base image so that you have the feeling of the key pressed

I don't know a way to have semi-transparent images in CVI, that could give the colour effect while keeping the underlying image visible.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community