From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyTab_ConvertFromCanvas - memory leak?

I am running my own program that utilizes the easy tab interface.

The memory is created on EasyTab_LoadPanels, then when calling my return 0 in my main loop, I get the fatal error.

When right clicking and saying break on deallocation, I do get a break, but nothing in the code/IDE is highlighted showing where it is broken (perhaps in dll?).  Continuing to step through, no code is ever highlighted and after 2 steps, I get the fatal run time error.

Specifically, if I break on the list type deallocation and hit go, the resources window will show it greyed out, but the thread lock variable still allocated, and I get my error.  If I 'step over' then it eventualy breaks when I exit my main loop (return 0).

If I break on the thread lock deallocation, everything in the resource window is greyed out (meaning deallocated), but I still get the unknown fault.  if i 'step over' then it eventually breaks when I exit my main loop (return 0).

For both of these cases of breaking on deallocation, after clicking 'Break' from that popup window, nothing is shown in the Resources Window as left open.  But my program is still open and stopped in the IDE.

Let me know if this helps anyone, I can try a few other things.  If I don't hear anything from others, i can create a new thread.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(593 Views)