From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated controls are autonamed in "reverse" order.

Solved!
Go to solution

CVI 2015 fully patched Win7 Enterprise.

I have a group of five one letter text controls that represent amino acids (AA_1, AA_2, AA_3, AA_4, and AA_5 left to right) respectively in a gui panel. If I highlight the group as a whole and then paste it. The resulting controls show up as AA_10, AA_9, AA_8, AA_7, and AA_6 left to right respectively.

Is there any way to get this to be AA_6, AA_7, AA_8, AA_9, and AA_10 left to right instead?

I want to make each control hot so that tthe user can select any single AA to input sequence modifications, and would prefer not to generate 600 UI controls by hand.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,859 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blakney

I observe the same behaviour as you and have no solution for this at the moment.

With such a large number of controls, though, I would think that programmatically generating the whole set of controls is much easier and less feasible to errors.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

It has always been like this since I started to use CVI. Unfortunately, it is not a setting that users can change.
It also annoys me but interestingly, I never posted about this.

Roberto's suggesition is the best way if you have so many similar controls.

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,826 Views)

Thanks for the help guys. I decided to go with a table, make the labels invisible, and set the grid lines to transparent. This seems to be able to fulfill my needs even if it is a bit wasteful of memory.

Each cell will be one character filled as needed programmatically and every fifth column is spaced a bit larger to make it easier for the user to count. Also this allows me to programmatically fill rows as needed and scroll vertically on really longer sequences. Callbacks from blanks rows in an active column can be range checked and then swallowed as needed.

Callbacks will lead to the active cell and allow single amino selection and modification. I think I can modify the color attribute on a cell by cell basis to denote modification.

I do like the idea of programmatically filling the panel as an alternate if somewhat outside of the box solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,814 Views)