LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Panel

Solved!
Go to solution

One day last week, LabWindows/CVI 2009 would not open.  So I use the NI “Import Export Settings” to reset the settings from default.  The next day, all my LabWindows programs were duplicating the panels (see below).

I tried reparing LabWindows and the repairing the run time engin, but neither has made a different.

How do I fix this?

Crashmagnet

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,715 Views)

Instead of re-install have you tried force reinstall?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,660 Views)

Ok, I tried forced reinstall and that didn't help.

Could this me some kind of debug screen or something?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,656 Views)

Hello,

Does the enviroment behave correctly? 

Is this limited only to a single machine? Do the programs on that computer behave the same on another computer? 

Are the problems just limited to built programs? 

Is the whole process being duplicated or just the UI? 

Can you recreate this issue with every single CVI project? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,645 Views)

Please forgive my lateness.  But I was distracted by the end of the year bru-ha-ha.

Does the enviroment behave correctly? 

Everything works correctly, except for one other Interesting nit.  LabWindows now compile my programs extreemly slowly.  Like maybe 1/4 or 1/2 speed.

Is this limited only to a single machine? Do the programs on that computer behave the same on another computer? 

Thiis only happens on my machine. 

Are the problems just limited to built programs? 

This affects all LibWindows Programs.  Programs compiled years ago, and programs I am try to compile right now.

Is the whole process being duplicated or just the UI? 

I don't know what you mean by "whole process".  The task manager only shows one program running, and there is only one process for the program.

Everything on the true panel works as expected.  But nothing on the doubleganger panel works except the the command buttons on the upper right of the panel.  The close and minimize buttons on the doubleganger work, but nother else on the doubleganger works.

Can you recreate this issue with every single CVI project?

This happens with every single LabWindows Program; programs compiled last year and programs compiled seconds ago.

Jeff Stout

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,579 Views)

Could I know more about your system?

What operating system are you using? What processor are you using for that?

Have there been any major changes on your computer side that coincided with the issue that you are seeing?

Best,

Shamik C

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,556 Views)

Could I know more about your system?

My system is a Dell Precission 6500

What operating system are you using? What processor are you using for that?

Windows 7; Intel i7 with 8 processors.

Have there been any major changes on your computer side that coincided with the issue that you are seeing?

I was messing with some Nvida graphics settings at the same time.  But I tried to undo them and it didn't seem to make any difference.  Why would he graphics settings affect LabWindows programs, but no other programms?

Jeff Stout

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,554 Views)

Do you see this only when you open an application developed in CVI or do you see this when you look at your code in CVI? 

Can you uninstall you nvida graphics card so that your processer defaults to the integrated graphics card to see what effect this has? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,539 Views)

Do you see this only when you open an application developed in CVI or do you see this when you look at your code in CVI? 

This only happens when I run a program developed by LabWindows.  LabWindows runs just fine.  But as soon as I push the start button, the compiled application (not LabWindows) starts displaying two windows.

Can you uninstall you nvida graphics card so that your processer defaults to the integrated graphics card to see what effect this has? 

I'll try your suggestion and get back to you later with the results.

BTW, you seem to have given up on the possibility that this is a LabWindows runtime engine issue.  After all, this only seems to happen to running LabWindows programs.  Is there really no possibility that there is something wrong with the LabWindows run time environment?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,536 Views)

Let me know what happens when you reinstall the driver. Did you enable the option to always draw windows on-screen when you modified your graphics state when you were changing settings around? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,515 Views)