LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have experience with vxWorks 5.2?

Hi,  I have started a new project that is currently using LabWindows/CVI, vxWorks 5.2 (Windows 2000 I believe).  I will be interfacing with a (Cutronic - TM-9223F) motion control/rate table  running vxWorks 5.2 and am looking for any assitance for upgrading this system.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,027 Views)

Hey Newton2This,

Which upgrades are you looking to make? Upgrades with the OS? How is your project being set up currently?

Ian M.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,006 Views)

Thank you for the reply!  The upgrade will most likely be to the UI.  The current touch screen UI is still booted up with a 3.5 diskette running DOS. The requirements are still being determined so I am looking for the easiest or most practical way to create this interface.  The OS most likely with NOT be changed.  I am currently developing with LabVIEW 2011.  John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,004 Views)

...I do know the control panel itself has a RS-232 and modeled after IEEE 488 s/w protocol.  The remote host that it is currently connected to has an emulator and handshaking.  The panel itself has none and no flow control.  The serial interface is set up for 8 bit data with 2 stop bits. Baud rate and parity are configurable.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,002 Views)

Have you previously deployed from CVI to a vsWorks real time target? As it currently stands, CVI does not support vsWorks as a real time target. In fact, only PharLap is supported for RT by CVI.

Ian M.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,976 Views)
Spoiler

hmmm... no, I have not previously 'personally' deployed CVI to a 'vxWorks' real-time target - however that is what is currently being used in our lab.... I will need to do some more checking on this...  Thank you for bringing this to my attention....

Message 6 of 7
(2,974 Views)

After further study we believe patching into the panel via 50ohm BNC cables (+/- 10V, 350hz (input), 500hz (output), with 16 bit resolution) should do the trick.  I believe there is a DDC 1553 Module for the Crio that should handle the A/D and D/A conversion.  DOS version 6.22 is currently running on the panel. ouch!  Have you ever heard of the 'Scramnet' protocol?  The ACT 2000 (Actutronic) is currently using it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,943 Views)