From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution returns "No software will be installed or removed" after update

I've made changes to my application and created a new distribution. When the new distribution file is run I get the following message.

CVI Distribution error.jpg

I've even forced the version number up to 2.0.0 and I get the same message.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,021 Views)

Never mind, all is well. My mistake.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,015 Views)

I also get this error when trying to install new software.

The application was built using Labwindows/CVI 2010 on a Windows 7 64-bit system.  The application was built as a 32-bit applicaiton.

I am installing the application on a Windows 7 32-bit system.

The application doesn't appear anywhere on the target system.  I have even gone into the Windows Control panel and uninstalled the application.

How can I completely remove the application so that it will reinstall?  Or how can I force the installer to reinstall?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,272 Views)

I would like to add an update, in case anybody finds this useful.

The software was being installed on a Windows 7 32-bit machine, with "Chinese' language settings.

One or both of 2 issues were involved:  Windows uninstall leaves "traces" of the application lying around, which made the LabWindows/CVI installer think that the software was already on the machine.  Also, there is a known issue with the LabWindows/CVI 2010 installer, and non-English settings.

The fix, finally, was to install the Windows 7 64-bit English operating system, and everything was fine from there.

What finally fixed it was moving from Chinese to English, OR moving from 32-bit to 64-bit, OR just a fresh operating system installed.  Any way, it now works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,250 Views)