LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution on CD doesn't match distribution on program

Solved!
Go to solution

I very recently upgraded to LabWindows 2013.  I installed from the DVD and then NI auto-updated everything.  I was trying to build my first distribution and keep getting hit with the following error:

"Some installers you selected for this build are not available on this computer..."

It is looking for "national instruments device drivers-August 2013", whereas the DVD I have has drivers from February 2013.  I'm guessing that the auto-update updated my CVI without leaving the required distribution somewhere that I can easily access.  Is there any way I can remedy this problem that doesn't involve uninstaling everything and then not updating?  Is there some way that I can prevent future updates from causing a similar problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,447 Views)

Hi jayrandom,

So when you update using a DVD package you need to make sure you update the drivers using the second DVD in the package.  If you can't find that disc you can always find these driver updates at ni.com.  Here is the one you need for August 2013:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/4179/lang/en

Peter T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,420 Views)

I just installed both on a new computer.  That's why I'm perplexed.  The drivers it is looking for are from August 2013, the drivers I have on the DVD are from February 2013.  I will try to the link you've included.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,398 Views)

That doesn't seem to solve my problem.

I downloaded the linked file and ran it.  It installed device drivers to the folder C:\National Instruments Downloads\NI Device Drivers\Aug13\Products.  However, I still get the following error:

Cannot find Distrubtion "National Instrumenets Device Drivers - August 2013":  No distrbution was found at the searched location.

I get this error when I select any of the folders (National Instrument Downloads, NI Device Drivers, Aug 13, Products.  I'm still perplexed as to how to get this to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  This was installed on a brand new computer just last week.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,386 Views)

Hi jayrandom,

Do you mind posting screen shots of the error you are getting and a where you are choosing what installers to include with your distribution?  Also, what drivers in particular are you using in your application?

Peter T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,375 Views)

When setting up the build, these were the drivers and components pre-selected by the system.  I assume I need them.  I tried compiling and running on a different machcine without the offending DAQmx library (NI-DAQmx Core Runtime 9.7.5) and am not able to get the program to work on my other machine.  

I call some DAQmx functions from my code.  I can give details if that might be important.  The code works fine on the machine I'm using to compile.   

error_4.bmp.png

error_1.png

When I build, I end up with this error:

I tried using the DVD that I had used to install this version of CVI just last week (as well as the NI Device Drivers DVD) and both give this error:

error_2.png

When I try to search for the device drivers distribution through the edit build menu, I get this error instead:

error_3.bmp.png

If I choose the file you suggested I download, I end up with this error:

error_5.png

It doesn't matter which folder I choose.  I'm clearly doing something stupid so I'm hoping you can help me figure out what that is.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,365 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jayrandom

Hi jayrandom,

So it looks like the problem is just with the NI-DAQmx Core Runtime Engine 9.7.5 so this might not of installed properly from the disk.  One way to check this is to try to uninstall a National Instruments program and it should list this if its installed.  If it is not installed in this directory I would install it.  Here is the link:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-run-time-engine-9.7.5/4241/en/

If it is installed I would go ahead and uninstall all DAQmx installs and then install the newest version of the NI-DAQmx 9.8.  This should update the file path dependencies.  Here is the link:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.8/4297/en/

Peter T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 7 of 8
(4,340 Views)

Reinstalling from the DVD seemed to solve the problem.  I included extra component not originally installed, as well, so I can't say for sure if I had just not installed the correct components or if there was a problem.  Either way, the problem is fixed now.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,313 Views)