LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution kit, which updates environment variables

How can be built distribution kit, which updates environment variables ("PATH") in CVI 6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,607 Views)
The installer wont do this for you automatically, you could run a batch file after the install ( by clicking on "Advanced" ) You can pass the batch file the path you need to add on. You can pass the batch file ( or whatever application you run ) the following parameters:

Command Line Arguments�The command line arguments to pass to the executable to run after the installation is complete. Use this option to specify parameters to pass to the program to run after setup. The following special variables are available:

%dest�The application installation directory chosen by the user.
%src�The directory that contains setup.exe.
%group�The installation program group name.
%name�The installation name.
%compiler�The compiler chosen by the user if you enable the D
istribute Objects and Libraries For All Compilers option. The compiler will be "borland" or "msvc."
%%�Use this variable when you need to place a single '%' in your command line.
At installation time, these variables will be replaced with the proper values before the arguments are passed to the executable.
Put quotes around items that might contain spaces to ensure that your program receives the arguments correctly. The variables that can contain spaces are %group, %name, %src, and %dest.

For example, assume the following command line arguments:

-I "%dest\myapp.txt" /from "%src" "%group" "%name"

The actual command line passed to the executable to run after setup is structured as follows (values vary based on user choices and installation title options):

-I "c:\myapp\myapp.txt" /from "c:\temp" "My App" "My App Setup"

This is obtained from the CVI help.

This link talks about a utility that can change
the eniornment variable settings for you.

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,607 Views)