From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributing a CVI 3.1 application under Windows 2000

I have installed CVI 3.1 on a Windows 2000 machine. I then created a distribution disk for my application. On attempting to install the application on another Windows 2000 machine (which does not have CVI 3.1 installed), I get the error "Application Error. SHADOW caused a General Protection Fault in module ~TMP2334.EXE". I have a customer who has the same problem, can I just send the customer the CVI 3.1 run-time engine so they can install this first to overcome this problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,608 Views)
You can distribute the CVI run-time engine seperately for applications. I'm not sure why this error is occurring but distributing the run time enginer seperately could help.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,608 Views)
Many thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, the CVI 3.1 run-time engine installation disk from National Instruments gives the same error message as our distribution disks do. If the whole CVI environment is installed there are no installation issues, but obviously we can't give this to our customer. I think we will have to upgrade this particular application to CVI 5.5.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,608 Views)