LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributin KIT doesn't run under Windows XP

Hello Comunity,

I use CVI Labwindows 2015. We have Customers with old PCs and there are using Windows XP and it isn't posible to change this fact.

So when i build an distribution with my pc (windows 10) and I select under "Advanced" "Windows XP"  as minimum operating system ist doesnt wor under windows XP. When I try to install the Application there is an error (e.g. you need Windows 7 sp1 or higher).

What is the reasen and what can I do?

regards

Stefan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,341 Views)

As far as I can tell,  you have little or no solution at all if you only have 2015.

According to LabWindows™/CVI Life Cycle Policy,  Windows XP is supported only up to CVI 2013 (see "OS support roadmap" paragraph and the footnote) .  If you have an older release of CVI you can try downgrading you project to that release and creating the application and distribution kit there for customers  with XP machines. 

I am still maintaining an old Win2k machine to support customers with old OS/application that are still not willing to update their boxes... 

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,329 Views)

Hi,

the Option you mentioned is just for the installer. Which means the installer won't even try to run on any previous versions of Windows. It does not mean your application will work there. At least this is the case for LabVIEW.

I also think you have no other option than maintaining an older PC with an older CVI version.

kind regards 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,309 Views)

I had the same problem but not with CVI.  In the folder containging the setup.exe file for the installer there is a setup config file.  I opened this file and navigated to the following section:

[OS]
VersionNTMin=6,1,7601,1,0
VersionNTMax=

I then run cmd on the target computer and typed in ver to get the NT version installed on it this was displayed as 5.1.2600.  I changed the 6,1,7600,1,0 to 5,1,2600,1,0 and the installer ran fine.  I don't know if this will work for you but you can try with the NT version of a computer that is running XP and try it.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,017 Views)