LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying hex values when editing a numeric control

Solved!
Go to solution

The hex display is removed when editing a numeric control (in Control Settings) in cvi 2012. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,791 Views)

Are you talking about the little 'x' disappering from the numeric control? Or does the complete control disappear? I'm not exactly sure what situation you are referring to, but I can edit numeric controls with hexadecimal display format... Do you have 'Show Radix' enabled?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,790 Views)

When you Edit a Numeric control: The Control Settings view shows Default value, Minimum, Maximum: This used to display the selected format (Decimal, hex, binary, etc).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,787 Views)

This is how it looks for me (using CVI2012):

hex.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,782 Views)

The image below is from CVI 2010. In CVI 2012 the Control Settings display decimal. Is this a bug in cvi 2012 or am i missing something.

cvi.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,779 Views)

You are correct that this behavior is different from CVI 2010 to CVI 2012. However, I will have to check with our R&D department whether this is a bug or an expected change made to the software. While the control settings are currently displayed in decimal, the preview window will show the equivalent hexadecimal value.

Regards,

Anjelica W.
National Instruments
Product Marketing Manager
FlexLogger and TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,747 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wwilliams

I have informed our R&D department of the format of the control settings in CVI 2012 . I have filed a Corrective Action Request (CAR# 379345) on this issue, but can not guarantee when this behavior will be fixed. You can check if this issue has been fixed in future versions of CVI by looking for the CAR identification number listed previously in the CVI Bug Fix Information.

Regards,

Anjelica W.
National Instruments
Product Marketing Manager
FlexLogger and TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,724 Views)

Thanks Anjelica for checking this out.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,719 Views)