LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Suite 2014 Setup error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am attempting to upgrade my Developer Suite.  When I run the setup I get an error "setup.exe has stopped working"

Has anyone else seen this and what was the solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,169 Views)

Hi,

Can you please provide additional information on when this message is received? At the very beginning of installation, or at the end? Also, please reference the below link.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/46299?tstart=-130

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,118 Views)

Kevin,

It happens at the very beginning of the installation.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,113 Views)

Hi Paul,

Have you tried to Run as administrator? If so, do you see any change in performance, or is the exact same error message received at the beginning of installation? Are all other processes closed when running the setup.exe? Which operating system are you using? Are you installing from a disk?

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,093 Views)

Kevin,

I am installing as an administrator.  I have had our IT try also as an administrator.  We both get the same error and the same place.

We have try with everything turned off.  We are running Windows 7 and installing from a DVD.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,089 Views)

Hi Paul,

Can you attempt to install the software on another computer? This will tell us whether there is a problem with the DVD or with the computer that you are using. 

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,068 Views)

Kevin,

We are able to load the software onto another computer.  We are also able to load the software on my laptop if I uninstall the 2011 Developer Suite.

My problem is I only have a license for 2011 LabVIEW FPGA.  So I am trying to keep my LabVIEW software at 2011.  I also need to upgrade my LabWindows software to 2014 so I can use a third party 64-bit library.

I reloading my 2011 Developer Suite, but now 2014 Setup fails.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,044 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Mart

Hi Paul,

Can you try downloading a trial version of LabWindows CVI 2014 from our website?

http://www.ni.com/lwcvi/download/

You can install it after downloading the downloader, and then activating the full version with your serial number? Please let me know if the setup.exe does not work from the internet download.

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,998 Views)

Kevin,

I downloaded LabWindows CVI 2013/SP2 using your link.  After extracting the files, setup worked.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,977 Views)