LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay smaller then 1ms

Jr,

The "Winbase.h" was excluded from the compilation step (hence the grayed text).  I've also compiled the code w/o the "winbase.h" line in the souce code, and I still got the same result.  See the attached file.

Gary Z.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(1,897 Views)

Sorry Gary I missed the greyed text - all your window settings are the same as my CVI7.0 ones, which as I say compiles correctly. I'm fresh out of ideas; hopefully someone at NI can spot the problem.

JR

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(1,892 Views)
This is just a guess, but are you using the CVI version of the windows header?

Open the windows header you included by right-clicking on the  "windows.h" part of the #include and select "Open Quoted Text".
Search the header for comments like "ADDED TO BY CVI"
We had to customize the headers to make it usable by CVI. If you try and use the Windows SDK headers as provided by Microsoft, you can get alot of compiler errors.
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(1,865 Views)
It looks like I am using the CVI version of "windows.h" file.  Is there an installation setting for using SDK libraries?  I believe our IT guy just installed whatever was in the default setting.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(1,860 Views)
By default, the SDK install option is set to "Not Install". Try running the CVI installer from Add/Remove programs and make sure the SDK is installed by looking at the installer feature tree. You need to have CVI FDS to have the option to install the SDK.

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(1,829 Views)

GarthE, thanks for your code help!  I know this is a very old post, but I wanted to chime in with my observations.

See here for full post: 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/QueryPerformanceCounter-and-QueryPerformanceFrequency-in-CVI/...

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(933 Views)