From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger crashing after F5

You can upload it on ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming, like you did with the log.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 49
(3,324 Views)

But those files can be downloaded anonymously, correct?  We have sensitive IP clauses here.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 49
(3,322 Views)

Other users can't download the files from ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming, only they can see the titles.

Only NI folks can download files.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 49
(3,318 Views)

Hello ElectroLund,

you are not alone with this problem.

I have a project with two DLLs from measurment device manufactures already included in the project.

If I include another DLL, written in LabView 2013 the programs hangs after reaching a breakpoint. I cannot continue. This happens all the time.

The position of the breakpoint in my code doesn't matter.  I have tested this with several positions right at the start of the programm or in the middle of a routine.

Same project in CVI2012 has no problems.

I have already created a post with former problems of loading the LabView RunTime-Engine when using that DLL.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/CVI2013-unable-to-load-LabView-RunTime-Engine/td-p/2590579

Now with CVI2013 SP2 and that DLL, created now with LabView 2013, I am one step further but now having that debugging problem.

My project is really large and I cannot send it. If I can find some time I will try to reduce the project to the minimum and send it.

Gunther

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 49
(3,304 Views)

gunthill, very interesting.  I too had no issues debugging with this same project in CVI2012.

This project also has a several DLL files included for an FTDI RS232-USB bridge chip.  I wonder if that's a common link.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 49
(3,292 Views)

Hello ElectroLund and Gunther,

When this hang happens, do you have any special windows in your program, like ActiveX controls or other windows then uirs?

Thanks,

Constantin

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 49
(3,153 Views)

Hello Constantin,

I only use uir files in my project.

Best regards Gunther

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 49
(3,131 Views)

Same here.  Only UIR.  Some of my projects have dlls, but never Active X.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 49
(3,064 Views)

Can you try samples\userint\activex\WebBrowser.csw example to see if the same hang happens.

You could put a breakpoint for example on Refresh() callback. Run the program and push the refresh button, the breakpoint should be hit. See if continuing execution the same hang happens.

Thanks,

Constantin

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 49
(3,049 Views)

Hello Constantin,

I tried this example and set a breakpoint in the line void CVICALLBACK Refresh(...) as you suggested.

After stepping into the function

INET_IWebBrowser2Refresh (webHandle, NULL); 

with F8, I went on a while stepping through with F10. No Problem. Then I tried to continue the program with F5 and then the program hangs. 

I had to cancel the cvidebugger in the task manager and then the already known merror message pops up:

"LabWindows/CVI did not receive a reply to a debugging message"

So this might be a project/source with the reproducible error?!

Best regards and greetings for a happy new year.

Gunther

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 49
(3,043 Views)