LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of Creation of the executable

I using LabWindows/CVI version 9.1.1. When I compile the debug or release build(s). The "Date Created" is always 9/25/2012. How do I change this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,888 Views)

Hi mbw4359,

Are you building an executable? What project are you compiling? Is it an example that ships with LabWindows/CVI or something that you created?

Cheers,

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,861 Views)

Are you building an executable? Yes  What project are you compiling? A project that was created in a previous version Is it an example that ships with LabWindows/CVI or something that you created?  A project that was created in a previous version

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,848 Views)

Hi mbw4359,

The creation date is based off of the date that the operating system is reporting. If you are running on a Windows computer, are you looking at the field shown in my attached screenshot (right-click on the .exe file and select Properties)? Also, what happens if you try building an executable from one of the projects in the Example Finder?

There isn't a way to manually set the date, other than tricking the application by modifying the date that the OS reports. Though it should be based off of when you create the executable, you may try resaving some of the files or even updating the .uir file to the newest version you're using by changing the Save as type.

Cheers,

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,835 Views)